In Matthew 19:14, Jesus said, “Let the children come to me.” At Merriman Road Baptist Church we take that commandment very seriously. We provide a welcoming, loving atmosphere and many different programs to encourage children to do just that: to come to Jesus. Children and their families are always welcome at Merriman Road Baptist Church. Please read on to see what we have to offer children in grades 1-6.
Our Mission Statement
The Children’s Ministries of Merriman Road Baptist Church exist for the purposes of teaching Biblical values, sharing God’s love and showing children how they can have a personal faith in Jesus Christ and live and grow as one of His disciples.
Our Current Situation:
Week of July 7:
What we’re learning:
On Sundays: Today we learned about some of the many battles the Israelites fought in order to claim the Promised Land as their own. We also learned that God still fights battles for His children.
This week Summer Skool continues! Sign up, if you haven't already!
Here are the classes available:
· Crocheting– Learn to crochet, or expand on the skills you already have. Make projects like bracelets, scarves or hats (for more advanced students). This class is best for 4th grade and up. This class will be taught by a Keely Ellis, who is a certified teacher, working at a local middle school, and is highly skilled at crocheting.
· S.T.E.M. Class– Expand on your science, technology, engineering and math skills in this class. This class is for kids in 1-6 grades and will feature projects such as a pasta tower and mouse trap car. This class will be taught by Joe Kogelmann, who has a Master’s Degree in Engineering and has worked as an engineer for over 17 years.
· Ukulele Class– Come learn to play a ukulele. Ukuleles are a very simple instrument to learn how to play and are a great way to begin to play music. We have ukuleles available for students’ use, or students may bring their own. This class will be taught by Gabe Currie, who is a college student and skilled musician. This class is good for all kids in 1-6 grades.
· Art Class—Explore your creativity this summer in our art class. This class is good for 1-6 grade. This class will feature various art projects and will be taught by Chris Smyser, who is a talented artist.
· Cake decorating — Upgrade your dessert game and learn cake decorating from an experienced educator and talented cake decorator. This class will be taught by Bridget Julian. Children must be at least 8 years old for this class.
· Self Defense— Come learn skills to defend yourself in various situations. This class will be taught by Pastor Dave Ferraro, who also holds a black belt in Martial Arts. This class is good for 1-6 grades.
Choose Your favorite and come on out, but hurry, some classes have a maximum limit.
Sunday, June 30, 10:30am: Patriotic Service. There will be no Bible Study or Children’s Church on this day. Families enjoy a time of worship and thanking God for our freedom together. Come early to enjoy donuts in the gym.
Monday, July 8, time TBD: G.A. Camp Girls who have signed up for camp will leave.
Sunday, July 21, after the 11am service: Families please join us at the big pavilion at Garden City Park (at the corner of Merriman and Cherry Hill) for our annual church picnic. Bring a dish to pass. There will be games for the kids after we eat and then we will enjoy our evening service a bit early at the park.
Monday, July 29-Friday, August 2: Into the Wild VBS. Each evening enjoy crafts, games, a lesson, snacks and more! Please plan to join us!
9:30am Sunday School
11:00am Children’s Church
6:00pm Royal Ambassadors and Girls in Action (mission groups)
7:00pm Children’s Choir
Summer notes: TeamKID does not meet in the summer and we have only one 7pm class on Wednesday night. Our mission groups and children’s choir alternate meeting at this time during the summer.
Our Children’s Programs
Not your traditional Sunday School. It’s fun! Using activities, crafts, music and more, kids explore the Bible from A-Z and everything in between! Children meet in small groups arranged according to grade. Bible Study is at 9:30 Sunday mornings.
Love sports? Love being active? TeamKID is just for you! TeamKID keeps you on your toes; teaching kids the Bible while doing fast-paced, high-energy activities. TeamKID meets September through May Sunday 4:45-7 pm.
Silly skits? Music just for kids? Fun Bible lessons? Games? Where can you find all that at church? In Children’s Church of course! Children’s Church is a worship service just for kids! We worship God and learn about His Word. Children’s Church meets at 11am Sunday mornings.
Royal Ambassadors (boys only) & Girls in Action (girls only)
You care about people and you love helping out. You also love to learn about different countries and cultures. If this sounds like you, check out our mission groups: Royal Ambassadors and Girls in Action. In class, kids learn about missionaries and different places all over the world. Out of class, they learn to be missionaries by doing all kinds of mission projects. Both groups are split by grade level and meet on Wednesday nights from 6 to 6:55.
P.R.O.C.L.A.I.M. Music Ministries
In Children’s Choir you can learn fun music, do puppets, play instruments, sing, do choreography and even act! Our Children’s Choir does two exciting presentations each year and has fun practicing for them every Wednesday night from 7 to 8 pm.
Along with our classes, we have lots of fun activities scheduled each year. Everything from slumber parties, camps and carnivals to serving in various service projects throughout the community. There is truly something for every kid at Merriman Road Baptist Church!